Account Manager, Disney+
About the Company
Deluxe, a wholly owned subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
About the team - Localization
The global demand for entertainment content today is unprecedented. Deluxe provides worldwide audiences with the latest features and original content of all kinds.
We are one of the world's leading localization facilities. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and OTT. With traditional cinema and home entertainment facing further disruption from online platforms and evolving user expectations, Deluxe is looking to attract bright and talented people who are unfazed by the shifting media world.
Account Manager, Disney+
• Disney+ Workflow Responsibilities: You will be responsible for managing all aspects of localization projects for Disney+, from the initial work request through to final delivery and post-delivery action when required, supervising the execution of your projects with foreign offices in Bangalore, Sydney, and Los Angeles. Specific attention to the dubbing and package fulfillment is expected.
• Supply the Customer regular order statuses, such as missing asset reports and delivery schedules.
• Manage customer change orders by negotiating deliverable due dates between customers and internal departments, balancing internal capacity with external demands and expectations.
• Ensure deliverable due dates are reached on time and within budget.
• Provide direction to Account Coordinators and Operations regarding priorities.
• Proactively identify potential issues/problems with project in process, formulate response and solution and communicate back to client.
• Communicate regularly with client regarding project performance metrics
• Daily identification of title/assets which are late or at risk of missing customer-specific SLA requirements. Including reasonable escalation of jeopardy orders.
• Setting up projects in internal order management systems and creating work requests for production teams. This includes research of needed materials (dubbing scripts, insert lists, video references, etc.).
• Ensure the client is billed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Managerial Responsibility: You will be overseeing account coordinators in Bangalore to ensure the projects are managed successfully and efficiently.
• Delegate new projects to ACs. Workload balancing for your team will be key.
• Regularly check-in with internal team members to ensure everything is on track. Troubleshoot with team leads as needed.
• Keep an open line of communication between yourself and your supervisors. Escalate any production issues while being open and ready with suggestions for process improvement and resolution.
• Oversee the templates and reference documentation for the Disney+ workflow and make changes/updates as the work evolves to gain efficiencies.
• Monitor your team's development and make sure they are progressing as employees. Lead, train and mentor them to encourage growth to the next level.
• Work with other teams (Scripting, Editorial, Subtitle, Mastering, etc.) to maintain the larger picture of the end-to-end aspect of this workflow.
• BA or BS degree required.
• 2-5 years post-production, project management, or translation industry experience required.
• Experience managing direct reports a plus.
• Must have strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, and communication skills.
• Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, large team environment.
• Must also be able to work independently and take ownership of projects.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, inventory, internet, order processing, and database software.
• Solid technical understanding of the television or film distribution industry a plus.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.