New York, NY US
• Create extensive and thorough research packets on upcoming show guests.
• Find potential discussion topics for guest interviews that align with the voice of the show.
• Become the main source of accurate information about assigned guests.
• Conceive games, bits and unique beats for guests based on research.
• Work with segment producers to find material to support guest segments.
• Daily review of new information to keep up to date on guests.
• Fact check and proofread material for show.
• Minimum 2 years production experience.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a research role.
• Bachelors degree required.
• Obsessive knowledge of pop culture, politics, and Internet culture.
• Strong editorial voice only selecting the best clips of the day.
• Previous talk show or news experience a plus.
• Ability to work under constant deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task and possess excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment as a member of a daily production team.
• Knowledge of clip libraries and stock footage sources a plus.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Windows and Mac proficient, knowledge of video file formats, video transcoding, video editing, must be Internet savvy with strong research skills.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
• References from previous employers required.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume for this job online to be considered.
• Must be able to work some overtime.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Candidate must be able to work in high-pressure situations and on deadline.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize simultaneous research assignments.
• A self-starter with good people skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.