Gameplay Technical Director
Montreal, QC CA
The Development Director will oversee end-to-end Quality Verification of a New IP product being developed at Motive Montreal and help chart the course for the discipline in that location. Working with our teams across Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, and your Development partners, you will ensure the quality verification strategy is supported by the correct structure and skills, while building an organization focused on upstream bug prevention using technology.
As the senior member of the QV team in Montreal reporting to the QV Sr. Development Director, you will be a member of the leadership team for this New IP and will provide your insight and experience (with a QA lens) on how we will achieve product quality.
What you'll do:
• Work with the QV Sr. DD and Studio leadership to establish location specific goals, QA strategies and ensure plans, quality and budget.
• Build a QA plan for the product, integrating QA Analysts focused on Defect Prevention & Containment and Offsite QA, providing Blackbox test coverage and Beta testing.
• Work with Development to establish the needs and build a solid Quality Engineering discipline to support the quality tool and automation needs for the project.
• Establish methods for Grey/White box testing on appropriate features/tools.
• Plan pre-integration content testing strategies.
• Champion ''Player First'' and be an advocate for the player in everything we do.
• Guide the use of Automation and Tools within QA.
• Work to build capacity and budgetary requirements for QA covering staffing costs throughout the organization and maintain project cost tracking actuals and forecast.
• Track existing and create new metrics to measure the project and the impact of process improvements and identify patterns and new solutions.
• Balance the need for testing with the imperative of ongoing iteration of the product for our players during Live Service support.
What you bring:
• Track record building well performing teams.
• Knowledge of software development and QA processes.
• Experience working with or managing distributed and remote teams.
• Dynamic approach to management, always looking for new ways to approach a problem or your responsibilities.
• University degree education in a relevant domain.
• 3 or more years of QA leadership experience.
• Project Management and Agile methodology awareness is necessary
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site