Are you a senior level Houdini grooming artist, interested in working on a new animated feature? Animal Logic is currently working on an unannounced Netflix animated feature, and we need artists with the experience, passion, artistic and technical ability to give the hair and fur of our characters life. Could this be you?
What you'll get to do:
• Interpret 2D designs, reference material and artistic direction and translate them into hair and fur while maintaining the original artistic intent.
• Help establish and maintain a consistent look for the project.
• Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to an appropriate standard of quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
• Maintain good communication with the Surfacing Lead.
What you bring:
• 5+ years' experience working on feature films.
• A passion and an eye for making beautiful looking CG objects and creatures.
• Strong knowledge in developing complex procedural distribution tools in Houdini.
• Highly developed skills with fur and feather grooming tools.
• Production experience in a modern ray-tracing software package.
• Strong technical and visual skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a highly dynamic team.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A passion and an eye for making beautiful looking organic and hard surface CG assets, accompanied by a folio of work to demonstrate these abilities.
• High proficiency in Mari, Mudbox and Substance Painter will be considered a plus.
What you'll need to include on your application:
• A showreel including examples of stylized and photo-realistic work, with reference plates and materials, and turntables.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site