Burbank, CA US
STORYBOARD DIRECTOR - FLASH (BABY SHARK)
About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
• Oversee in-house and freelance storyboard artists to ensure the quality and the style of the show is maintained.
• Regularly meet with Storyboard Artists and Storyboard Revisionists to thoroughly review and revise storyboards.
• Ensure desired quality and style of show is met.
• Oversee implementation of Executive Producer and Standards' notes into storyboards.
• Communicate with Executive producer and line producer as to the status of work progress and any problems that may arise.
• Answer questions from Storyboard Artists and Revisionists during storyboarding and revision process.
• Answer questions from Animation Directors regarding storyboards.
• Answer questions from production Staff regarding organization of designs from storyboards.
• When time allows, sit in on script meetings to offer feedback from a storyboarding perspective.
• Must be able to work digitally with a Cintiq.
• Ability to manage the production schedule and resources.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
• Strong staging and composition skills.
• Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong time-management skills.
• BA/BS in Fine Arts or equivalent experience strongly desired.
• 3 – 5 years as storyboard and or director preferred.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation