Senior Product Manager
New York, NY US
The Content Engineering team at Disney Streaming is hiring a Senior Technical Project Manager to help build and support the metadata and artwork platform for Disney+, ESPN+, and other streaming services. Our systems are collectively responsible for integrating with the studios to bring all the metadata and artwork for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Nat Geo, and Fox content onto the Disney Streaming platform for inclusion in Disney+. This includes distributed systems that handle metadata and artwork ingest, management, discovery, curation, personalization, and syndication. Our metadata drives nearly every aspect of the user experience in Disney Streaming products.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager on the Content Engineering team, you'll be responsible for working with the engineering team(s) to deliver services that support Disney+, ESPN+ and others. You'll work with Product and other engineering teams to coordinate and deliver quality, large scale, and highly performant services.
Our collaborative culture encourages all to contribute to the success of our services, and the Sr TPM plays a key role in this. The Sr TPM promotes transparent communication, builds strong relationships with others, and is proactive in resolving barriers.
• Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of assigned project(s), which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements.
• Plan and lead internal and external project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project deliverables to identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate project risks benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
• Assist with technical feasibility implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA improvement efforts by collaborating with product partners to define project scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams via user stories or via technical specifications including flow chart diagrams.
• Contribute to product development activities, scheduling feature additions in iterative release cycles based on priority and importance and improve department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
• Achieve operational objectives by supplying information and recommendations; preparing and completing action plans; standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; resolving system improvements; and implementing changes.
• Confirmed experience in project planning and management, ideally in an Agile environment.
• Software development knowledge and experience including APIs, reusable libraries, frameworks and structured data formats.
• Experience in requirements documentation and data flow diagrams using Visio, Gliffy or similar.
• 5+ years of previous experience as a project manager. Software engineer experience is ideal.
• Strong teamwork and leadership skills with excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment.
Solid experience with Content Engineering is preferred, but not required.
Bachelor's degree highly preferred and CSM or PMP certification ideal.