College Marketing Representative
Seattle, WA US
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Job Title: Warner Music U College Rep Fall 2020, Marketing
Reports To: Manager, Warner Music U
Department: Label Services and Account Management
Preferred Location(s): Remote – Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, NYC, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland (OR), Providence, San Diego, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington D.C.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music U (WMU) is the branch of Warner Music Group focused around college lifestyle with the intention of creating lifelong fans for our artists and labels. Our content and experiences are generated by college students for college students. All College Reps receive hands on experience in the music industry, working directly with full-time employees and artists from WMG label partners including but not limited to Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Entertainment, Asylum Records, ADA, and Warner Music Nashville. Reps work part-time, up to 18 hours a week, and can receive credit if necessary.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music U is now hiring college music junkies with a passion for promotions, marketing, and event planning to join our team for the Fall 2020 Semester as paid College Reps!
Interested? This should be you –
• Obsessed with music. And we don't mean one or two genres. You're someone who can find a favorite song or artist in any genre. You may be an ''expert'' in a certain style, but you easily geek out over songs or artists in another and get your friends to as well.
• Discovering new music and the challenge of promoting a virtually unknown artist excites you, and you can think of many creative ways to do so.
• Outgoing and can (and do) talk to anyone.
• Creative, dynamic, surprising, clever, elegant, unique, challenging, intelligent, compassionate, inspiring and determined describe your promotional and marketing styles.
• Working in the music industry after graduation is your goal.
• A self-starter excited about the idea of running your own projects.
• Already well-connected within the university and know how to utilize your connections to make things happen (find speakers for a panel, secure a location for an event, obtain cosponsors, etc.).
• Willing to use your personal socials to create awareness and generate views for priority artists (regardless of genre) and brand partnerships.
If this is you, we need to meet!
As a WMU College Rep – Marketing Rep, you'll get to:
We give you the creative freedom to create online content and experiences that help students discover up and coming artists, using your own voice and expertise of the school and market.
Gain Real World Experience
Play an integral role in artist development for newly signed and up and coming artists. Utilize your connections and relationships to help break them within the college demographic through digital, promotional, and grassroots marketing efforts. Summarize outcomes, feedback and analytics through weekly and monthly reporting.
Work with and coordinate on-campus and virtual appearances for some of the fastest rising artists in the music industry.
Expand Your Network
Correspond with various departments and employees at Warner Music Group through the execution of campaigns and artist-involved events. Connect and collaborate with your fellow Reps across the country through weekly meetings and coordinated moments.
Be the Eyes and Ears of WMG
Provide insights on the latest trends and music popular amongst students on your campus.
Requirements of Warner Music U College Reps:
• HUGE passion for music, pop culture, and social media.
• Enrolled at a brick and mortar university within the undergraduate program (sorry, no online schools) with at least two semesters remaining before graduation.
• Heavily involved in campus and community activities and able to effectively tap into connections to pull together successful experiences.
• Professional attitude with great time management and organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced role.
• Excellent written and communication skills and great attention to detail.
• Work well remotely/independently without direct supervision.
• Enjoy vlogging and posting about activities on Instagram.
• Understanding of social media platforms (especially Instagram and TikTok) and content that performs best on each platform.
• A public Instagram and TikTok profile (include handles on your resume).
• Able to work up to 18 hours a week
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Promotional experience (radio promotions, brand ambassador, street team, etc.).
• Previous marketing and/or music internship experience.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site