Audience Development Director
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, EN GB
A wholly owned subsidiary of Vivendi, Universal Music Group (UMG) is the leader in the Music Industry.
Operating in over 75 countries, UMG is a major actor in the expansion of the digital market and works with over 670 online partners worldwide.
At the forefront of innovation and to provide cross functional incremental revenues to the broader business, a specific division called Universal Music & Brands (https://www.umgb.com/) was established in 45 markets, covering 70 territories, and provides tailor-made entertainment marketing, creative, content and media solutions to many local and global partners.
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for a Junior Manager to integrate a team of 5, supporting markets all over the world in their day to day business objectives and generating new business opportunities.
• Responsible for supporting and developing a number of UMGB local teams across the world, creating opportunities at local level and supporting them in their growth strategies and financial targets
• Manage and nurture a constant flow of communications between central office and local UMGB teams (workshops, yearly regional meetings, best practices, pitch support, etc)
• Work with the team to develop creative initiatives and new ideas to present to brands (agency type), or local UMGB teams
• Co-manage the team intern
• Provide UMG markets with a one stop shop entertainment content, marketing & communication solution
• Identify scalable, local, regional and global opportunities -from markets and prospection- and help secure new global partnerships for the central division of UMG&B across existing and new industries
• Participate to new initiatives for UMGB, at a global level, transversally across all sub- divisions, to generate innovative and distinct revenue streams to the group
• Identify best practices that have been successful and create case studies to turn them in profitable long-term products for our opcos and partners
• Recognise trends in the use of entertainment, notably by brands and industries, in order to always adapt UMGB offering and sales strategy
• Create clear, compelling presentations with PowerPoint to formulate response to brand briefs and occasionally to thought leadership conferences
• Excellent communication/presentation skills
• Good understanding of digital, mobile and social markets
• Foster Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness
• Lead: Positively influence markets to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation. Team Player with the ability to display leadership qualities and inspire teams across the globe
• Focused on markets’ needs: anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of colleagues across the globe to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters
• Organised: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
• Strong interpersonal & communications skills
• Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and have a strong sense of initiative
• A love of music
• Multiple languages would be a bonus
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.