Animation - Specialist Technical Directors
Glendale, CA US
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for talented team players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard work and determination.
We are seeking a proactive, strategic Project Manager who will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, and reporting to the Director of Content Operations Strategy. You will be responsible for lifecycle planning and project management of special projects for the Content Supply Chain of Disney+ with regard to project setup, milestone tracking, risk assessment and mitigation, and reporting on status throughout. The role will require strong collaboration with multiple teams across the company.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in project management and execution and in making sense out of chaos. They will be proactive to find solutions and make the right connections with people in order to problem-solve. They will be savvy with data visualizations and systems in order to present project status and summaries. They will not be afraid to innovate new paths or influence to get buy-in from partner teams or escalate when needed.
What does success look like?
In success, the asset lifecycles and special projects you drive will be executed smoothly, but you will be agile enough to plan for and pivot when surprises or roadblocks arise. You will drive clarity out of chaos for all teams involved and have gained their respect through partnership. You not only will come up with short-term plans, but a long-term roadmap to ensure subsequent weekly content launches are more efficient and cost effective. You are a clear communicator, both written and verbal, and can command a room. You seek simplicity and always have the customer in mind when creating solutions.
• Create workflows and milestones related to special projects for Disney+ to guarantee timely, high-quality execution across the supply chain
• Create and manage detailed project plans with milestones, ensure that all deadlines are met and all handoffs are successful and the project is moving through the pipeline
• Assess, communicate and mitigate risk, utilizing contingency plans as necessary. Manage through issue resolution
• Collaborate with Global Content Operations, Programming, Studio Operations, Media Delivery, Marketing, PMO, Product and Local Teams on workflow, timelines and requirements per project, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables. Remove roadblocks for interdependent teams
• Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders at large including executives
• Create and maintain documentation including project plans, templates, executive summaries and post-mortems
• 3+ years project management experience in direct-to-consumer organizations having incepted new projects and workflows
• Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to wide audiences on overall project health
• Strong attention to detail
• Global mindset, sensitive to other cultures
• Ability to build relationships and communicate with global contacts
• Savvy with data analysis and presentation
• Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (CMS, Excel, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, etc.)
• Proven ability to manage through influence in complex organizational structures
• Ability to solve for the short term while constantly thinking of sustainable long-term plans
• Knowledge of post-production workflows
• Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
• Experience with international expansion and digital platform launches
• Streaming service experience