Walt Disney Television
The Manager, Health & Safety will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set in conjunction with the UPM and other department heads. The individual will receive training and technical guidance from a Production Safety Specialist. The Manager, Health & Safety will report to a WDT Production Executive with dotted line to Risk Management.
This position will support productions across ABC Studios, 20th Century Fox Television, Fox 21, FX Networks, Freeform, and Disney Channels.
This is a Project Hire role with benefits. Please note, these positions will be located in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and Vancouver.
• Determines and ensures that each production meets the health and safety standards on daily basis in order to continue production
• Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines
• Determine requirements needed for each department to comply with guidelines
• Advise the production on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19
• Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
• Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
• Order and distribute supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
• Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
• Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
• Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
• Lead and escalate issues to UPM and Safety
• Advise and guide UPM and production to implement changes necessary asap
• Establish an on-set network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
• Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
• Review prep and shooting schedules to ensure required social distancing procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are in place
• Work closely with Set Medic
• Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
• Ensure employee screening protocols are in place
• Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of production processes
Basic Skills Desired
• Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
• Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
• Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
• Strong problem solver in a highly fast driven creative environment
• Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
Technical Skills Desired
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Adapting to latest development of technical skills and industry knowledge
• OSHA Health & Safety Experience
• Military experience
• Medic / RN / EMT experience
• Experience working on set with feature or television production
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site