Sales Account Executive
Do you love to write? Torn between wanting to tell one good story or put together one great show? Still trying to figure out whether to be a producer or a reporter? WLNS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Lansing, Michigan, has the perfect job for you.
We're looking for someone who can find and tell great stories three days a week and put together great shows on the weekends.
We want someone with superior writing skills – someone who can tell stories in a clear and compelling way – whether that's putting together a package during the week or putting together the first segment of the newscast on the weekends.
We are home to the state capital, a Big Ten university, and two General Motors plants. Because of that, we've got more news, sports, arts, and culture than markets much bigger than ours.
Include your resume and a link to your tape on your resume. Bonus points for a cover letter that tells us how you found and enterprised a story.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Superior writing skills to tell stories in a clear and compelling way
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Shooting, editing, and newsroom experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site