Technical Director - EA Sports
Bucharest, RO RO
The Java Server Engineer is involved in the server development process, from architecture and technical design, to implementation, debugging on multiple platforms, working on complex problems (big data, concurrency, load, up-time, e-commerce, etc) alongside designers, producers and other engineers.
What you will do as a Java engineer:
• Develop and document large-scale distributed back-end services, creating new features and improving existing ones.
• Work with multi-platform clients who use the services to develop user facing features.
• Fixes the bugs caused by the above activities
• Collaborate with a large team, both local and across other EA studios.
• You will report to the server team manager and work with your peers on developing the game's back-end server.
We are looking for:
• 3+ years experience developing Java object-oriented software and services.
• Experience working on online services/severs (HTTP with REST).
• Working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
• Working knowledge of MySQL/SQL.
• Proficiency with software design/architecture process.
• Experience with unit testing (J-Unit) and Eclipse (or similar).
• Experience developing large-scale distributed applications;
• Basic Linux/shell commands
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?