ABC7-DC has an immediate opening for a Sports Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). If you are a passionate and energetic storyteller who can enterprise and deliver fast-paced, visually compelling content on-air and online, then this may be the job for you. Our Sports MMJ will find and cover a variety of unique, local sports and sports-related human interest stories - with an emphasis on high school sports.
We need someone who understands the web/social media and can leverage skills across multiple platforms, while displaying in-depth technical knowledge of news production equipment including cameras and editing software. The ideal candidate will be able to bring our viewers and web consumers interesting, entertaining, outside-the-box conent - all while operating a variety of news production equipment effectively.
Skills and Experience:
• Must be a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced newsroom under deadline pressure and has experience in all facets of media
• Must have flexibility to research, shoot, edit, write and reort storeis, and be willing to put the time to track down important stories wherever they may lead.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to websites
• Must have sharp news judgement.
• Excellent technical skills
• The ability to work well independently
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Requirements and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 years reporting experience is required
• College degree in journalism or communications strongly preferred
• Experience with live shots is required
• Experience with Live-U is a plus
• Must be able to work flexible schedule as needed
• Must have mastery of social media tools, including Facebook and twitter and must understand how to properly leverage their use on-air and online
• Expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including, internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site