Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a hands-on Manager for the Night Shift. Candidate will be primarily focusing on managing day to day tasks for packaging and delivery VOD products for domestic and international distribution. The manager must have the ability to traffic files and assets, plan & schedule resources for ingesting, formatting, prepping packages and xml generation for external partners such as Itunes, Amazon, Google Play, SonyVue, Hulu and YouTube. The manager will also facilitate the processes and timely publishing to CBS All Access US, Canada & Australia.
• Provide hands-on leadership by communicating/setting job expectations, planning, monitoring, and enforcing systems, policies,procedures, and SLAs
• Must have the ability to absorb remaining processing that are transitioned from the daytime managers. This includes identifying at-risk assets & tasks as well as picking up new requests for clip/promo publishing
• Manage broadcast schedules and changes and make necessary adjustments to work orders and assignments
• Oversee nightly live broadcast of Primetime programs as well as for both Late NIght shows for C3/C7 distribution
• Act as escalation POC for prioritizing products, facilitating corrections to rejections, and resolving transcoding and publishing issues when they arise
• Approve all packages prior to deliveries and ensure that all scheduled programming have been delivered and received by partners
• Assist in facilitating publishing assets for original and syndicated programs in Canada and Australia
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent training & experience in Production or Operations.
• Previous experience in managing a team is preferred or a minimum of 3+ years direct project management experience in digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times
• Must be able to work 7 pm to 4am, Tuesday - Saturday and available during tentpole events
• Proven leadership skills - excellent communication, leads by example, provides direction, feedback, motivates and has ability to influence
• Strong organizational and communication abilities with experience working with diverse teams
• Quick thinker and excels in the area of problem solving, demonstrate ability to multitask, display a short learning curve
You might also have -
• Enthusiasm and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
• Experience with FCP or Adobe Premiere Editing Suites.
• Knowledge of MACCAPTION,, Telestream/Vantage cloud based workflows
• Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing