Remote / Virtual
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of players around the world. We are looking for experienced developers like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to the team(s). You will report to the Director of Product Development for the studio.
You will manage project, feature and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation. You are a master of content pipelines. You understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to empower them. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team.
What skills do we look for?
You are passionate about managing creative teams. You have 5+ years working as a project manager; 3+ years of experience working in a AAA game development; you have experience managing internal and external teams; you have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt. You are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization; you always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience. You understand the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
• Project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
• Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
• Tools, e.g. Shotgun, Jira, Excel (can maintain and create complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, or similar.
• Manage planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live
• Scope and Capacity Management across internal and external teams
• Track and communicate project status, including risks and mitigation plans
• Create scenarios and guide the decision-making process
• Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
• Guide your team to achieve our milestones on time and at quality
• Create new, evaluate and evolve existing processes
• Ensure the teams have all the necessary information to do their job
• Maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
• Manage communication with project leaders
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make amazing games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a resume.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site