Fort Worth, TX
NBCUniversal's Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a skilled Producer who's ready to reinvent a traditional newscast and bring energy to every block of your rundown. You'll work closely with managers to create innovative, up-to-the-minute content that resonates with our viewers. We're looking for someone who can:
• Clearly communicate your vision to a team of writers, anchors and field crews in order to deliver dynamic and accurate stories and segments.
• Work closely with directors, editors and graphics artists to enhance the production value of your newscast.
• Contribute story ideas and take charge of daily coverage decisions for your newscast.
• Quickly adjust to late changes and be aggressive in breaking news coverage.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience as a daily newscast producer.
• Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts.
• Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
• Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, TX, just south of DFW Airport
• Must have the ability to work any shift
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience segment producing and/or generating content across multiple platforms is a plus.
• Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Displays a positive work ethic and a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to create urgent, engaging and conversational news copy and visuals under tight deadlines
• Team player who is flexible and works well under pressure.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site