Digital Marketing Consultant
Portland, ME US
KATU, KUNP and KATU.com is looking for a strong Director of Sales to help guide our local, national and digital sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a multiple station sales and management team, in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
• Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the station's revenue share, with a holistic approach to finding revenue outside of the traditional areas.
• Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel and sales management to perform at the highest level
• Manage sales for the station including local, national, new business, project and digital interactive revenue stream
• Lead the sales effort to maximize our lifestyle brands
• Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
• Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients, pricing our products competitively and the ability to turn ideas into revenue.
• Work with the promotions and news departments to create station initiatives that form partnerships in the community and generate revenue
• Stay up to date and study sales structures and flow of business to help the station evolve and adapt.
• Use the assets of the company to engage and inform clients / prospects to the power of our audience.
• Have an ability to recruit and retain the best talent available
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include forecasting, inventory control and pricing, political and FCC responsibilities, development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with Wide Orbit a plus!
• 10+ years experience in TV Sales Management
• Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
• Ability to grow revenue through digital interactive and other approaches
• Strong and positive leadership skills
• Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OSI or WideOrbit preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site