Staff Electrical Engineer
San Mateo, CA US
Player Behavior Senior Analyst
San Mateo, CA
As a data-rich company, we are continuing to strengthen the analytics functions and are now looking for a proactive, result-orientated Player Behavior Senior Scientist within the growing Marketing Analytics team.
This is a critical and exciting role within the Global Marketing team at SIE! This role will be comprised of 3 main areas:
• Fundamentally understanding and visualizing the Player Behavior landscape at PlayStation. Work as a liaison between the Decision Science team, Marketing leadership team, and the in-house insight platform partners to conceptualize thought-provoking data visualization. Collaborate closely with Marketers globally to understand their data needs both today and tomorrow and help raise their self-serve data proficiency by guiding them through the in-house insight platforms
• Ideating concepts of multiple dashboards relevant for various marketing verticals with the lens of Player Segmentation based on a profound understanding of the in-house Segmentation model
• Supporting the Marketing organization and the Marketing Analytics group by responding to ad-hoc data and insight queries, providing them with best-in-class deliverables drawing from a range of data & insight sources. This entails creating appealing presentations which transform the complexities of statistics into meaningful insights
• Rapidly prototyping new pieces of strategic decision sciences solutions to fill gaps in knowledge, improve the insight platforms, while providing value within the team, department, and wider organization
• Analytical/Data Skills
• Strong analytical knowledge base, embracing a methodical approach firmly focusing on the Players, their behaviors and associated trends.
• Expertise in SQL, data visualization and good working knowledge of Python and R
• Interpretation of trends as well as the ability to draw insights from the dynamic gaming industry
• Proficient in using tools like Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Experience in various data visualization technique, and defining the business KPIs for various Engagement, Sales and Subscription marketing initiatives
2) Communication & Networking Skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and analysis clearly, efficiently and influentially, both verbally and in writing
• Experience in leading projects with analytical vendors or partners
• Ability to tailor the communication according to different partner audiences and cultures across the business and the globe
• Desire to build strong working relationships across the globe with other data/analytics communities both internally and externally
• A self-starter with the capacity to exercise initiative and creativity appropriately, make informed decisions and request mentorship when necessary.
• Ability to thrive in a globally dispersed team, where partners and team members may be in a different time zone.
• Collaborative nature with experience of working cross-functionally with teams such as Sales and Marketing.
• Passionate teammate with an inquisitive, innovative approach and ability to think creatively!
• Comfortable with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving technology industry.
• Strong interest or experience in the video gaming industry
• At least 6+ years of relevant experience in analytics and at least 2 years in marketing-related analytics work
• Relentlessly high standards, with a phenomenal sense of ownership over your work
• Relevant Degree (Masters preferred) and good grounding on other analytical related work knowledge in statistics and modeling
• In-Line with SIE 'Game Changers' SIE Attitudinal Behavior Approaches: Explore; Build; Collaborate; Communicate; Deliver
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site