Software Development Engineer
Discovery, Inc. is searching for a VP, Technology in Bellevue, WA to join our team to build and manage products in our well loved lifestyle brands for consumers across mobile, tablet, connected TVs, and voice-based devices. Within this role you will support the creation, launch and the end-to-end technology leader for one of our key projects.
An ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to deliver the best product experience for customers. They build for scale, develop technologies with a long-term outlook, build trust with their engineering team & people from all areas of the business, and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members.
As the VP of Technology, you’ll be a leader of leaders, responsible for defining the mission for your team, inspiring your team and motivating them. You will own a set of key performance indicators, will establish goals for the team, and will partner with stakeholders in Product to establish a product and technology roadmap.
1. Develop end-to-end architectural proposals for building several major features for the product. The features will seek to improve the overall customer experience, improve app performance, and support new platforms.
2. Launch product on platforms including web, mobile (IOS, Android) and connected TV platforms including but not limited to Fire TV, Roku and TVOS.
3. Build, lead and grow a global, distributed technology team and organization to deliver on world class consumer products.
4. Collaborates with InfoSec, Advertising, Product, Design, Content/Marketing, and Digital Platform teams to develop architecture proposals and to prioritize and build new features.
5. Drive initiatives to meet smart goal objectives ranging from app downloads, app usage, retention, and customer satisfaction.
6. Implement quality assurance and load testing to ensure high-reliability and performance of the apps, services, and infrastructure
7. Ensure SDLC processes are in place to support rapid iteration and frequent deployments
8. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes that drive velocity, adaptability & revenue.
9. Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
* Some travel required (20%)
* You measure success in terms of performance & scale of your engineering solutions and not your team size and budget.
* You strive in a culture of innovation and growth - willing to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone.
* You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
* 10+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* 4+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring and performance management.
* Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site