Software Development Engineer
Culver City, CA US
Challenges in digital content security and the introduction of new, paradigm shifting technologies make the world of content creation an extraordinary space to be in. The industry is about to undergo a technology-driven revolution and Amazon Studios is at the forefront of that revolution. As the Supply Chain Governance Lead on the Studios Technology Creative Engineering team you will be a contributor to projects spanning multiple workflows that address our creative pipeline challenges.
Amazon's vision is to be Earth's most consumer-centric company. You will work within a new but highly specialized team that aims to change the fundamental way studios operates, creating solutions that delight our customers and partners. You will take a hands-on approach to designing and implementing a new generation of Studios Technology.
You will be responsible for solving big problems where answers need to be invented and roads are not yet paved. In order to meet our customer's high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher standards. You will join a friendly culture filled with teammates that are really smart who encourage each other to learn more. We value diverse perspectives and are seeking leads that can challenge unconscious bias while also working to disconfirm their own beliefs.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first. You don't rest until the customer is happy. You have a strong background around process improvement, are detail driven and have excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You learn from your mistakes and you enjoy collaborating with others. You have a solid understanding of media and entertainment workflow fundamentals and an appreciation of how an IT ecosystem functions.
• Executes strategic plans that improve service, productivity and quality, and that align to the overall organization vision
• Participates in recruiting effort. Continually raises the bar.
• May be active in the training and/or development of others
• Key interface to the customer on all Strategic Supply Chain Management discussions.
• Establish and maintain effective, healthy, performance-driven supply chain relationships.
• Engage regularly with key stakeholders to ensure these partners get attention, appreciation, and candor.
• Develop and implement systems of accountability to ensure ongoing, measurable performance improvement.
• Drive the necessary change with our supply chain partners to support our platform and operational processes.
• Engage with vendors, as necessary, to optimize our integration with them.
• Team leader for medium and large scale projects or multiple smaller projects. Drives for results on complex projects, often without direct authority over resources.
• Defines the metrics and sets the standards of success for larger, more complex projects.
• Involved in scoping the analysis requirements for new initiatives, and identifying the appropriate analytic methodologies.
• Thinks through the analytic methods in use today, and seeks out opportunities to improve their accuracy, ease of use, and timeliness.
• Initiates, manages, and implements efforts with major implications for the department or business. Is depended on for providing support.
• Deep analysis of spending/purchasing/demand patterns and proactively identifies areas for improvement, and is expected to act on and potentially implement improvements.
• Knowledge of the Media and Entertainment industry
• First hand experience in a Production and Post Production environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong project management skills
• Strong judgement and instincts.
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the Media & Entertainment technology industry
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.