Booking Researcher, News
New York, NY
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA
NBC News Digital is looking for an experienced editor to join its platforms team. The editor will curate the MSNBC homepage, write headlines for articles and video, curate the best content from MSNBC prime, and distribute content to partners such as Apple News, Smartnews and Flipboard.
The ideal candidate will be a politics and breaking news junkie and have experience programming digital platforms for a major news organization. They will know what drives audiences to click on stories and watch video on desktop and mobile. They need to be a talented headline writer, have a passion for analytics and SEO and have strong news judgment.
This position requires the ability to make decisions under pressure and to change footing quickly and multitask when news breaks. The editor needs to show immaculate attention to detail, as well as a sense for the mix - balance, diversity and tone - of videos and articles on MSNBC.com. The candidate must also have the skill set of a frontline news editor: a breadth of knowledge about national and international stories, an ability to copy edit and experience with digital publishing in a content management system.
The position is full time, and you will report to the Senior Editor of News Platforms team in New York City. The candidate will preferably be based in NYC, but candidates from around the country will be considered. A minimum of three years' experience working for a news organization is required.
• Curate MSNBC.com with a lively mix of video and opinion articles
• Watch MSNBC prime time and identify must-watch interviews and moments that are essential to have on our site
• Coordinate article placement and planning with MSNBC editors
• Write sharp, compelling headlines. A/B test headlines
• Monitor analytics to inform video and story programming
• Distribute and pitch stories to Apple New, Smartnews, Flipboard, etc.
• Contribute to the production of the MSNBC newsletter
• Communicate with various departments within NBC News Digital and MSNBC
• Work with photo editors to art the homepage
• 3+ years' experience working as a reporter, homepage
editor or social media editor, preferably with experience
at a major news organization
• A flare for writing eye-catching headlines and
knowledge of SEO best practices
• Proven experience displaying news judgment and
finding the element of a story that will drive readers to
• A broad knowledge of current affairs, including politics,
race, social justice, international affairs, pop culture and
• Must be comfortable collaborating in a creative but
demanding environment under tight deadlines
• Must be willing to work evenings
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site