Sr Director, Global Benefits
Redwood City, CA US
Director of Performance Management and Talent Planning
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
You will drive the strategy and execution of key talent strategies and programs across EA, including performance management, EA-wide talent needs assessments, succession planning, and priority areas of talent investment . Working closely with partners across People Experience, this role will diagnose the most critical talent needs, identify critical roles, and create the appropriate process for succession of these roles.
You will design the strategy for performance management to drive a strong culture of performance and accountability across EA. An exciting and critical element of this role is to connect our talent programs, determining where there must be philosophical alignment and, therefore, program and process integration. You will manage a small team of program managers who are responsible for overall program design and execution of these talent programs.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that we are evaluating current and future talent needs across the organization and that we have the relevant and impactful talent programs to meet those needs.
• End-to-end design: From strategy through execution across multiple functions and stakeholders for talent management and performance management processes
• Drive behavior change: Determine integration and change opportunities and design in such a way where changes in processes and behaviors are understood and adopted.
• Data informed solutions: Leverage data from the overall EA Talent Strategy Diagnostic as well as key program retrospectives to identify strengths and opportunities
• Company Talent Pools (CTPs): Define and manage the CTP framework and partner with Org Effectiveness and Talent Development teams (Leadership Development and Game/Technical Development) on appropriate interventions for development and retention
• Exec Talent Review Prep: Design and prepare for executive talent review discussions, EA-wide talent summaries and themes, and BOD materials.
• Cross PE Collaboration:
• • Collaborate with the Leadership Development and Game/Technical Development teams on both specific and general needs surfaced as they design and execute on programs to address them
• Partner with our Inclusion & Diversity team to ensure that programs and processes are designed in an inclusive way and remove bias where possible.
• Work closely with the Org Effectiveness and HR Business Partners and People Practices teams to understand business needs and ensure that both global and specific programs are designed and deployed with precisions and measurable impact
• Must have experience leading Performance Management and Talent Planning strategies at scale
• You have led and successfully developed your own teams
• Worked in dynamic matrixed HR operating models
• Demonstrated experience in Talent Strategy design and execution/implementation of said strategies