Production Accounting Associate
Santa Monica, CA US
Tennis Channel's Accounting Director works closely with our Controller (VP of Finance) to oversee and manage finance team. This individual facilitates a strong working relationship with our Controller and is seen as a ''right hand'' for the Controller.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directly supervises the general accounting, including A/P, G/L - with direct supervision over a Senior Accounting Manager, A/P Supervisor, two A/P Specialists, one Senior Accountant, and one General Accountant.
• Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and pride over handling all matters within department.
• Directly responsible for a five-day month end accounting close.
• Works directly with SBG tax team members and prepares all necessary schedules/support for various tax files (City, County, State, Federal, other).
• Hands on preparation of monthly financial statements, management reports, and ad hoc reporting.
• Oversees Production Accounting performed by Finance Analyst/Accountant.
• Reviews, implements and assesses accounting and general business policies and procedures.
• Maintains relationships with various parent company (SBG) accounting and financial reporting contacts.
• Interfaces directly with other department heads to provide financial support and analysis.
• Manages depository relationships with financial institutions and administer the company's electronic banking.
• Manages and completes special projects as assigned.
• CPA required
• Bachelor's degree in accounting
• Public accounting experience required
• Minimum of 6 years progressive accounting and finance experience
• Strong understanding and previous application of GAAP
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
• Experience supervising Accounts Payable and Payroll departments
• Familiarity with Oracle, Great Plains and/or Management Reporter Reporting preferred
• Entertainment industry experience preferred
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!