Administrative Assistant, Media and Artist Relations
Universal Music Group
New York, NY US
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Media Operations team.
A little bit about our team:
This position is responsible for supporting the entire team in their day to day responsibilities, from scheduling, to DBOM approval and tracking for, ADA, Rhino and WBR labels.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role you'll have the chance to learn the ins and outs of getting a digital release to market on a major label. You will work closely with the rest of digital production team to make sure that everything piece of the puzzle is in place for releases in order to get music into the market, ensuring that nothing is missed along the way.
Here you'll get to:
• Be responsible for assisting in new album and single releases on a weekly basis for the WBR, Rhino and ADA Digital Products. This includes tracking down audio and art, scheduling, confirming pricing and completing digital bill of materials (DBOM) for delivery to DSP's. This is on a domestic and international basis.
• Conduct weekly checks to ensure all deliveries were completed to accounts.
• Handle takedowns and price changes requested by the labels.
• Handle team coverage during sick or vacation days.
• Centrally schedule domestic products when the international team is out of office.
• Follow up on Apple tickets for each label that are bounced back to our team.
• Communicate any necessary manual changes to the accounts.
• Working with our timed release assistant to assist in tracking timed release prep and delivery.
• General assistance within the team.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Familiarity with digital accounts such as iTunes, Spotify and Amazon.
• Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook and Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Results oriented with problem solving ability with a keen eye for detail and deadline awareness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team Player
• Technical background a plus
• Genuine interest in music
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of digital production experience
• Proficient with PC and Mac computer applications and interfaces.