People Practices, Lead
Los Angeles, CA
It's an exciting time to work at Netflix, and this is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original production.
The Manager, Production HR will support our HR and Employee Relations functions within Netflix's Original Productions. This role will report into the Director, Production HR, and partner closely with internal teams such as Physical Production,Safety/Security, Labor Relations, Business Affairs, Production Finance and Legal. Your client will be the actual productions, where you will interface often with executive producers, line producers, heads of departments, cast, and crew. Therefore we are looking for a candidate with robust HR experience within a production or studio environment.
• Facilitate in-person harassment awareness training sessions to production talent and crew members worldwide
• Field and answer questions related to employment; including benefits, payroll, onboarding, policies, compliance, workers comp
• Offer guidance and recommendations regarding child actors/minors on set and other applicable local and international child labor standards
• Conduct investigations related to abusive conduct, harassment, discrimination and safety
• Work closely with Labor Relations on union related matters; including grievances and terminations
• Partner with internal groups on cross-functional projects, and sync practices across teams to maximize efficiency
• Partner closely with production executives on recruitment and onboarding of crew members
• Partner with legal and production executives to address and manage all employee relations matters within production, including performance concerns and reviewing replacement requests
• Work with internal teams towards the advancement of technology in the production office, particularly relating to the collection and maintenance of employment data
• Embody our culture through behavior and interactions
• Invite and promote constructive and ongoing feedback
• Knowledge of production and the working conditions and experiences within a production environment (desired)
• General knowledge of safety requirements and experience with conducting harassment awareness training
• Knowledge of production benefits landscape, including competitive offerings and requirements
• Ability to travel both domestic and international, with travel potentially ranging from 25-50%
• Thorough knowledge of labor laws and general knowledge of union guidelines
• A collaborative leadership style with the ability to influence others into action and to think creatively about solutions
• Ability to work confidently with all levels of entertainment industry professionals, from A-list Directors and Talent to award-winning heads of departments to entry-level production assistants.
• Passion for the business; driven to accomplish and meet objectives
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.