Senior Software Engineer - Device Reliability
Los Gatos, CA US
Open Connect's mission is to provide a high quality video streaming experience for our customers at a continually declining cost. Capacity Planning is at the center of those efforts, ensuring that there's always enough capacity, while balancing the cost to add capacity. Working with the engineering and finance teams, Capacity Planning monitors utilization and is always searching for areas within the network to improve utilization or optimize spend.
The Open Connect Capacity Planning group is recruiting for a Capacity Planner to focus on server, backbone, and egress traffic planning and management.
Key tasks include:
• Translating forecasted demand from finance into actionable capacity plans
• Creating and managing yearly capacity plans for ISP partners, including both server capacity and interconnection capacity
• Providing oversight and prioritization to ensure capacity arrives in a timely fashion
• Managing reporting and dashboards for overall network utilization, and identifying data needs required to improve reporting
• Continually working to refine workflows that enable the business to achieve alignment and efficiency
Who you are:
• Expertise (or strong curiosity) in the internet ecosystem
• Expertise with data modeling and visualization software and experience developing reports and dashboards
• Expertise in Excel, SQL, Tableau
• Strong background using financial analysis for multi variable decision making
• Experience collaborating with and articulating recommendations to sophisticated technical audiences
• The perspective that delivering results quickly, with iteration, is better than waiting for 100% perfection
• MBA or Masters in Computer Science or Math or equivalent experience.
• Nice to have: IP backbone modeling tools (WAN Automation Engine, etc)
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site