Manager, Revenue and Contracts
Universal City, CA US
The Music Licensing Specialist, TV Music Services will primarily be responsible for processing payments on music licensed by television productions produced by Universal Content Productions, Universal Television Studio, and the Alternative Studio. The position also requires assistance and direction to new vendors for set-up as well as interacting with the tax specialists at NBCUniversal for non-US based vendor approval. In addition, the successful applicant will also provide comprehensive music-related administrative services, including, without limitation agreement review and processing. This position does not include any creative responsibilities with respect to consulting on music placement in the productions.
Provide complete music services for productions; including but not limited to the following areas:
• Update music rights database, tracking grids, etc.
• Use internal systems and provide support/input necessary for expansion/upgrades
• Process payments; set up vendors in system and interact with AP team
• Process music license requests, pick-ups, licenses, etc.
• Assist with licensing of NBCUniversal owned properties (rights out) and asset revenue tracking
• Oversee internal personnel on projects (e.g. cue sheet analysis) and liaise internally and externally
• Work with various personnel to ensure all music used is consistent with practices and guidelines for usage
• Organize and maintain tracking grids, cost charts and database for production music usage and licensing
• Communicate and maintain relationships with publishers, labels, music libraries and other related vendors
• Assist with other department projects as they arise which may include, without limitation, research, cue sheets, music licensing negotiation, music clearance estimates, liaise with other departments/vendors
• Minimum 2 years of experience in television or related field
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to travel, some travel may be required
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Knowledge of TV Music, music publishers and record labels
• Experience working in a high-paced and pressure filled environment. An ability to work well with others and on projects independently
• Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize work and deal with different clients simultaneously
• Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable with strong organizational skills
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills with Strong Client-Support Orientation (internal and external clients/customers).
• Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through with minimal supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player