Senior Editor, Race, Equality & Justice
New York, NY US
The Disney/ABC owned station WABC in New York City is looking for an experienced Anchor/Reporter with the ability to authentically engage and connect with our audience.
The ideal candidate must be a dynamic and compelling journalist, communicator, storyteller and strong leader. We are looking for a powerful news leader with a passion for uncovering and reporting the facts, and with integrity above all else. An individual who takes ownership of, and works collaboratively with producers and reporters/colleagues in crafting the newscast. The ideal candidate sets the tone for teamwork and excellence, across all platforms and all departments within the station and station group. The applicant must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility broadcasters have to, and with, the communities we serve.
• Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
• Must know how to source and generate impactful enterprise leads, and create impactful content relying on critical relationships with local news makers
• You must be tenacious in your ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
• Be an expert in telling high impact stories in breaking news coverage, and demonstrate that ability from the anchor desk and in the field
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as owned and distributed digital and social platforms
• Active in using social media for promotion and news gathering
• Demonstrated ability to move the audience between linear and digital platforms
• A collaborative self-starter
• Willingness to lead and mentor
• Strong commitment to the community, expected to represent the station and participate at various community events
• must have 5+ years of anchoring experience
• Top market candidates preferred (market dependent)
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site