Montreal, QC US
• Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize network rendering resources
• Monitor and report resource utilization such as disk space, node usage, job saturation, etc.
• Identify and diagnose failing renders and malfunctioning render machines
• Monitor the render queue to maximize resource efficiency and handle job priorities
• Maintain maximum farm uptime
• Respond to rendering-related support requests
• Work with other Systems Engineer to address daily support tickets
• Set-up employee workstations, monitors, IP phones, etc
• Create user accounts for new hires: e-mail, messenger, phone
• Identify and resolve problems in the production system quickly and completely
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or another technical field (preferred)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to adapt to a high pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
• Experience troubleshooting in a Windows environment
• Working understanding of art packages with; 3DS Max, Maya and Nuke a plus
• Knowledge of at least one of the relevant 3D packages (eg. Maya, XSI or 3D Studio Max) currently in use by the VFX industry;
• Ability to learn new software quickly, and learn on the job;
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally;
• Ability to analyze and problem solve;
• Ability to manage and prioritize time and workload;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Experience administrating multiple operating systems, including Windows (XP, Win7), Mac OS and linux (Centos, Opensuse,Ubuntu)
• Familiarity with networking and distributed computing, including network file systems, routing and subnetting.
• Experience in scripting is desirable but not essential;
• Flexibility in work hours.
• Ability to lift heavy equipment for installation and relocation tasks
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines