Director, Employee Relations
Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA US
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Total Rewards to lead our Compensation and Benefits teams and partner with key stakeholders to build and implement a world-class Total Rewards Program for our employees. The successful candidate will use a proactive and innovative approach to ensure that our rewards are competitive, drive business results, are aligned with our culture, and are understood and valued by our employees. Must be both a strategic leader and hands-on contributor who is passionate about how compensation and benefits directly impact the employee experience. This person will also have deep experience in Executive Compensation programs, designing and owning them, preferably with pre-IPO experience.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Develop and lead the UMG’s comprehensive strategy for Total Rewards using compelling and equitable compensation and benefits programs aimed at attracting and retaining world-class talent in a competitive environment and across multi-disciplines and business units (often with very different cultures and strategic objectives)
• Provide strategic direction, planning, and requirements to execute the design, implementation, communication, and administration of UMG’s compensation programs
• Provide strategic leadership to ensure that our benefits strategy aligns with company values and will attract, engage and retain top talent for the organization, including evaluation, design, implementation, communication, and compliance for health & welfare, retirement, time-off & flexibility, and disability plans, plus other “perks”
• Stay on top of Total Rewards’ trends and offerings to ensure UMG’s are fresh and modern
• Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of our rewards programs to ensure they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and market trends; make recommendations for changes, as appropriate
• Manage the effective communication of compensation, benefits and wellness programs to achieve employee awareness, understanding and appreciation of the programs offered
• Ensure all programs are administered in compliance with regulations nationally. This includes management of all compliance filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee compensation programs either directly or through vendor/partners
• Serve as an integral member of the HR Leadership Team to advise on programs impacting the organization as a whole and collaborate with HR Business Partners to understand and address the unique needs of their various client groups.
• Prepare materials for UMGs Board of Directors and our parent company, Vivendi.
Bring your VIBE:
• 15+ years of relevant work experience in Compensation, Benefits and / or Total Rewards, or HR Operations
• Prior experience designing executive compensation plans (incentive plans and equity strategy/equity plan design) for a pre-IPO company and/or managing executive compensation at a public company
• A history of successful interaction, influence and collaboration with all levels of stakeholders, internally and externally including senior executives, finance and legal partners, and HR colleagues/peers
• Customer service orientation both with employees and across HR (in particular with our HR Business Partner team)
• Consultative approach – can effectively solicit feedback on all aspects of total rewards and adapt changes when needed
• Expert knowledge of Health and Wellness Programs
• Experience with 401(K) administration
• Experience with employment contracts
• Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask while managing deadlines, perform well under pressure, work independently and as a part of a team
• Excellent change management and project management skills
• Ability to succeed in a collaborative, but complex & decentralized environment
• Good business acumen and awareness of business trends
• High degree of motivation, flexibility and creativity
• Experience with Workday a plus.
• Experience working with or helping to implement an HR Shared Service Model a plus.
• Education: BA/BS Degree
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site