Software Development Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group is hiring for a Senior Enterprise Data Scientist to join our team. As a Senior Scientist for Enterprise Data, you are an innovative and practical problem solver. You are a thought leader who gets directly involved across related disciplines including: Data Science, User Experience Research, Data Visualization, Business Analysis, and Software Development.
In this role you...
• will work with business stakeholders from across the company to analyze problems and implement solutions.
• will work with data across the complete analytical life cycle to build hypothetical models containing key assumptions, create mock-ups, prototype approaches, and implement production solutions.
• are capable of querying and analyzing data using a holistic perspective
• look for and consider patterns in data in order to find opportunities working alongside our Product Development, Process Management, or Engineering teams.
• will specialize in one or more areas of advanced research and continually stay informed on new research relevant to our business.
• are an exceptional communicator able to articulate the benefits of a proposed solution to internal and external stakeholders.
• are a steward of knowledge. You maintain detailed research notes. You document your solution approaches for others to re-create. The format of documentation could include internal wiki articles, product design specifications, cast studies, industry whitepapers, patent documents, publications, etc.
• You are familiar with a variety of technologies including:
• Scripting languages such as R, SAS, Spark
• Relational languages such as SQL, RDF, SPARQL
• Data formats including XML, JSON, CSV, Graphs, etc.
• You are familiar with a variety of approaches including:
• • Statistical analysis for the design of experiments
• Analysis of variance and correlational designs.
• Machine learning for supervised learning.
• Timeseries forecasting.
• Mathematical optimization for systems of equations.
• Simulation using sampling techniques.
• You have either:
• • a minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience in a related role and an advanced degree in a related field
• a minimum of 4-5 years of industry experience in a related role and an undergraduate degree in a related field
• Optionally yet preferred candidates have familiarity with marketing, advertising, and/or broadcast industries
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site