- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Temporary Writer, CNN Health
CNN Health is looking for a temporary podcast writer/producer to collaborate with CNN Audio to cover the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
• Utilize your strong science/medical writing background to create digestible podcast scripts for a broad (non-science) audience.
• Work closely with senior producer, host and production team on the development of podcasts, from ideation to execution.
• Work with the CNN Health team on editorial and logistics.
• Ensure that all episodes meet the content, quality and journalistic standards of CNN.
• Book newsmakers and experts who can provide new information and understanding about the pandemic.
• Must have at least 3-5 years of experience, with a background in science/medical reporting.
• Competitive candidates should have clips or scripts of content they've written for podcasts or TV, as opposed to print writing.
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills is essential, plus a proven track record of thriving under pressure.
• Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 news environment.
• Proficiency in ProTools and audio recording a plus.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site