Software Quality Engineering Lead, Subscription Lifecycle
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu’s Platform Engineering team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Management Lead who will be an excellent addition to our team. Voted the #1 company in Los Angeles by Hired, Hulu continues its staggering exponential growth and is on the path to become the number one choice for TV in and out of the home. As a result, we seek to continuously improve and scale our ability to deliver an extraordinary viewer experience.
This involves building platforms that can be consumed and contributed to by all service teams at Hulu. You will be a part of the team that counts the entire tech organization as their customers and is driven to meet their needs. Do you share a real passion for working behind the scenes to help provide the best experience possible to the millions of Hulu viewers? Do you thrive in a team environment and gain happiness accomplishing challenging initiatives that span across Hulu Tech? Then we believe this an awesome role for you and we'd love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Manage a team of highly motivated technical program managers, while being detail oriented and hands on. Team members might be across office and remote
• Actively coach and mentor team members which enables your team to embody Hulu values and support their career development. Lead by example and build trust.
• Partner with engineering leads to continually evolve processes and supervise team health.
• Develop and improve the program management and planning processes for effective throughput.
• Be the bridge between Product and Engineering team, ensuring your teams are able to breakdown and or challenge the requirements and even proposed solutions.
• Partner with key stakeholders to ensure visibility and alignment. Be a communication powerhouse to ensure the entire organization knows what the team is working on.
• Drive consensus within engineering teams and between business and technologies.
• You'll always be looking down the road to identify and minimize risks before they become a problem.
• You'll have a point of view, but won't overpower the room or have an ego.
WHAT TO BRING
• About 5 years of shown success in technical program management demonstrating a love of experimenting, building and learning new things.
• 2+ years of experience in people management and team leadership
• Expert knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies.
• A strong process toolkit and the ability to apply it
• Innate ability to establish relationships and champion effective collaboration.
• Ability to lead concurrent projects, partner with multiple customers, and build consensus.
• Solid understanding of program management tools such as Trello, Jira, and Confluence.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Always transparent, you actively communicate and raise awareness of everything you’re working on.
• Communication tools that allow you to effectively tell your team's story to a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners.
• Understanding of how network, systems, application platform and monitoring capabilities power an amazing customer experience.
• Formal training in Agile/Scrum; certification a plus.
• Prior experience with Edge engineering & API Gateway systems, AWS, Datadog APM, Spinnaker, Terraform, etc, or other such cloud monitoring or continuous delivery platforms.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site