A Traffic Reporter / MMJ is a flexible and agile conveyor of timely traffic information. In addition, the ideal candidate should be a capable multimedia journalists who can enterprise their own stories. Seeking a candidate who is aggressive and resourceful. If you lead by example, care about being accurate, are an effective multitasker with strong ad lib skills… this job is for you!
• 10% - Establish and maintain relationships with traffic resources.
• 50% - Review traffic data from resources and prepare multiple live reports.
• 40% - Produce, shoot, write and edit stories for multiple platforms.
• Command of the English language, secondary language such as Spanish, helpful. Should be able to write in complete sentences with proper spelling, punctuation and format. Should be able to function under extreme stress and deadline pressures. Experience in traffic reporting and news gathering preferred. Should have working knowledge of the Internet and feel comfortable using computers and electronic newsgathering equipment.
• A four-year degree in liberal arts or journalism is preferred and/or one+ years related experience.
• Dexterity for operating keys and buttons on computer. Vision and hearing and vocal communication skills used to gather and report news. Ability to climb ladders and get in remote places to report stories. Ability to use radios, audio equipment, telephones, etc. in newsgathering. Works, as required, outdoors in all kinds and extremes of weather. Must be able to drive a vehicle.
• Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site