Senior Localization Manager
Santa Monica, CA
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
The Manager, Creative Language Localization will report to the Head of Global Localization, and s/he will closely collaborate with, guide, and lead a team of Language Producers located in various territories around the world. S/he will hold regular individual and team check-ins with the distributed workforce of Language Producers, Facilities, and freelance Creative Supervisors globally, to ensure there is understanding and buy-in of the centralized operation and creative vision for localization. Similarly, s/he will collect feedback from that same global team regarding industry trends, local news, territory metrics, and insight regarding potential process efficiencies, and ensure collation and dissemination to all Studios and Localization stakeholders.
S/he will be responsible for partnering with the Localization Product and Strategy teams to help interpret and react to viewership trends in territory. They will also be called upon to occasionally present workflow processes and territory trends and metrics to other teams and senior stakeholders. As a senior team member, s/he will be responsible for ensuring standardization while solidifying scalable global processes, and establishing new processes for emerging or out-of-process requests within the immediate team and as an influencer across the organization and external partners.
The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle interaction across a distributed workforce while also collaborating and contributing to process planning and rollouts for scalability and efficiency.
• 8+ years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows and product types, including movies or series across multiple regions and languages, or experience working in the local office of a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• 8+ years of experience managing and directing disparate employees, as well as growing and developing teams
• Direct experience working across time zones and with global teams internationally
• Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Detail oriented with excellent and proactive organizational skills
• Fluent in entertainment, post-production, localization, and creative terminology
• Self-motivated to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and asset management
• Experience with acquisition and delivery of assets from producing entities to a studio or vendor
• Knowledge of a wide array of media asset types and transport mechanisms
• Experience with both technical and content metadata organization and submission
• Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
• Familiarity with foreign languages (Spanish, German, Japanese, etc.) and nuances therein
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site