Strategy & Planning Marketing Manager
Burbank, CA US
The Director Unscripted Programming HBO Max is responsible for the day-to-day management of HBO Max's Unscripted Programming projects, as assigned. Primary responsibilities will include targeting, introducing, and collaborating with experienced writers, directors, producers, agencies, studios, and publishers who fit our brand, audience and genre to develop new ideas, and series; hearing and reviewing to pitches; creatively overseeing the pre-production, production, and post production of programming.
• Playing a key role in deciding which pitches and concepts will be accepted for consideration by hearing and evaluating pitches, deciding which pitches should be presented to senior leadership, etc.
• Meeting with writers, producers, directors, agents and talent for possible pilot and staffing opportunities on existing and future shows. Maintaining competitive information to be aware of creative trends and projects.
• Evaluating pitches and providing feedback: Reading, analyzing possible concepts and evaluating their potential. Represents HBO Max and searches for potential development opportunities at plays, talent showcases, comedy shows and festivals. Also seeks source material for possible development.
• With assistance from team, overseeing the development of ideas from pitch through outline through post-production. Creatively oversees with senior leadership the prep, production, and postproduction of pilots that we select to order. Also, involved in working with casting to cast all pilots.
• Working closely with Business Affairs, Legal and Finance to provide updated and accurate information on a regular basis. Creating the appropriate legal documentation to submit to Business Affairs for new projects, new artists and writers.
• Staying aware of all projects in respective category/genre, anticipating next steps, and communicating with many key people on a project by project basis, as assigned.
• Providing thoughtful and timely notes on development projects.
• For the team, could include putting together of grids, documents, and presentations as needed
• 5+ years' experience at an agency, production company, or a studio/network
• Experience providing creative feedback
• Established entertainment industry relationships as a result of working with directors, artists, writers, creators, and etc.
• Effective communication skills. Creative decisiveness and instincts. Detail oriented. Self-starter and a good collaborator.
• Strong analytical skills and great creative instincts.
• Good relationships within the entertainment community and be someone with whom the community is eager to work with.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands