Are you an experienced Modelling Lead? We need you for our Netflix animated feature project that involves both complex characters and rich CG environment builds.
What you'll get to do:
• Work closely with a variety of departments, including Art, Rigging, Surfacing and RnD.
• Focus on the management of the Modelling team, establishing work-flow, ensuring quality, and communicating with Production.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of Modelling tools and pipeline for this project and Animal Logic generally.
• Create the highest quality work for this project.
What you bring:
• 5+ years' experience working on feature animation and/or feature VFX films.
• 2+ years' working in a leadership role in Models for animated feature, VFX feature, or high-end TV series.
• Confidence and aptitude in assigning tasks, conducting daily reviews, and mentoring team members.
• A solid understanding of overall pipeline and processes involved in feature films.
• Experience with facial blend shapes.
• Experience with organic and hard-surface modelling.
• Experience with large and complex CG environments.
• Experience meeting the needs of rigging and surfacing, with respect to proper hierarchy, topology and UV layout.
• Production experience with Maya and ZBrush
• Experience with other software such as Marvelous Designer and Houdini is an advantage.
• A willingness to learn new modelling tools as needed by production.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Strong technical and visual skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
What you'll need to include on your application:
• Your personal portfolio/showreel should show examples of topology, turntables, and wireframes or you must be able to provide them on request.