Software Development Engineer
Culver City, CA US
Want to shape the future of television through data science? We've got the shows people love to watch (Jack Ryan, The Expanse, The Boys) and the Emmy Awards love to honor (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag). You've got the skills to unlock the patterns behind how people consume that content and ways the content development, marketing, and scheduling can be optimized.
We are looking for a customer-focused, solutions-oriented Data Scientist for our Amazon Studio Data Science team. The department is growing to provide more insights about our viewers and provide analytical solutions for the acquisition and retention of customers, revenue enhancement, and the delivery of a compelling consumer experience.
The goal of the role is to use the most effective data modeling techniques to discover the kinds of shows people want to see, the marketing that drives them to action, the scheduling and pacing of our releases, and the models that make it all work. The data tools you build and the algorithms you create will help drive and define the future of television for millions of customers.
• Build models and tools using technical knowledge in machine learning, statistical modeling, probability and decision theory, and other quantitative techniques.
• Understand the business reality behind large sets of data and develop meaningful analytic solutions.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders in finance, marketing, creative development, business affairs, strategy, and program planners.
• Innovate by adapting to new modeling techniques and procedures.
• PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
• A PhD in statistics, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a highly quantitative field.
• Experience with cloud computing (EMR, S3, EC2, Redshift) and big data tools (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS).
• Experience with natural language processing and computer vision.
• Engineering skills such as Linux, version control and code reviews.
• Comfortable with open-ended problems. Be able to frame your own hypothesis, create meaningful metrics, and select the modeling approach.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site