Core Software Developer - Junior
Moving Picture Company
Bengaluru, KA IN
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years and counting, with established facilities across the a global leader globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, and The Martian, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of VFX brands and services, working alongside The Mill, Mr. X and Mikros to provide offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project. Within this collective, MPC has built a reputation for
of images, and industrial-scale production the software development to enable this.
Our status as a world-class VFX facility has been achieved through the development of industry-leading software which empowers our artists to create stunning imagery. We have curated a considerable portfolio of off-the-shelf and in-house software to meet these unique requirements, and continue to evolve and improve our technology as new needs emerge. The Core Engineering team operates within a larger R&D division to provide the business critical infrastructure that enables multiple projects with thousands of shots to be simultaneously completed across the globe efficiently and to the highest quality.
We are hiring a Software Support Analyst for our Bangalore services and technology solutions team. You will be part of a team that provides global support to our artists and engineers in our worldwide studios.
MPC has been a global leader in visual effects for over 25 years, delivering some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production today. This opportunity allows you to be directly involved with Development and Production teams.
As part of our engineering organization you will collaborate with developers, understand production workflows, and pipeline. By working with the artists, you will help bring solutions to ensure our our teams have a successful delivery, as we create the next award winning imagery in the visual effects industry.
• Work with artists and software developers globally, providing prompt frontline technical support for all newly submitted tickets
• Identify and provide solutions to problems reported by users to resolve their issues, working with development team(s) to investigate and escalate issues when applicable
• Serve as a liaison between the artist and development team(s) to effectively convey and prioritize customer requests and concerns
• Facilitate handover meetings and reports on shift rotations
• Develop and maintain the support team's playbook, documentation and customer knowledge base
Skills and Experience:
• Experience working in software service or support team
• Experience interacting and communicating directly to customers globally
• Expertise in Python, and shell scripting
• Have experience with one or more of the following issue tracking software and workflows (Jira, Service Desk, Service Now, Zendesk)
• Knowledge of SDLC, ITIL, and ITSM processes
• Experience with Linux operating system and developing on this platform
Desired Additional Skills:
• Working Experience in applications built on C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience with databases, such as Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
• Experience supporting both terminal and GUI applications
• Knowledge of one or more VFX applications - Maya, Katana, Houdini, or Nuke
• Knowledge of VFX production workflows
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site