Sr. Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA US
Sony PlayStation in San Mateo is looking for a seriously passionate computer nerd to help support our game development studio. You love gaming or have a passion for the industry, building custom PC's, engineering our next generation server infrastructure, and helping your coworkers hurdle seemingly difficult IT obstacles so PlayStation can continue to be the best place to play. It's not an easy job, you'll be constantly challenged and be expected to solve some crazy support issues. If you're looking to gain some IT XP, join our team to level up!
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
• You should have experience as a technical lead or mentor.
• Solid background with Windows Server OS; preferably 2008-R2 through 2016.
• Good background with Windows Desktop OS; preferably Windows 7 through 10.
• You should have experience with Linux; preferably with CentOS/Redhat and Mac OSX.
• Provide tier 1 and 2 end user support for workstations, laptops, servers and other network enabled devices.
• Support internal development teams and subsequent server environments attached to those teams.
• Provide local site administration of IT infrastructure: Servers/desktops/laptops, security, networking, storage/backup systems.
• Collaborate with other offices and territories to plan and implement new technology.
• Design, deploy, and maintain multi-tiered, production storage systems.
• Configure, lead, and maintain virtual infrastructures in VMware vSphere.
• Run backup architecture and disaster recovery practices.
• Work with game testing teams to resolve network access issues.
• Conduct server audits, performance testing, and provide dashboard reporting.
• Create project plans and documentation.
• Research new trends and technologies leading to testing and justification for deployment.
• Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies.
• < 5% travel per year supporting remote sites as needed.
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
• PEOPLE: Shown intra-team and cross department communication skills working with and supporting end users with varying technical skill sets and authority; excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. You should be able to present yourself in a professional manner, possess a good work ethic, and excellent social etiquette.
• PROCESS: Ability to perform and resolve root-cause analysis, document system build procedures, and process workflow related to end user support and system administration.
• TECHNICAL: Bachelor degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years' experience in heterogeneous server environment mostly comprised of Windows. You'll need to understand and communicate system concepts to end users and technical teams; experience with Windows administration, preferably 2012-R2; experience with Linux administration, preferably current with CentOS/RHEL; last 3-5 years leading enterprise storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI); intermediate networking; have considerable hands-on experience with complex backup architectures (D2D2T); have considerable knowledge of security concepts and industry standard methodologies; scripting knowledge; email/messaging experience a plus; Mac OSX Server a plus, Cisco switch experience a plus. RHCSA, RHCE, MCSE, MCSA, and CCNA or above preferred.
• Planning/implementation: Be able to assess requirements, create and maintain project plans and schedules, and collaborate with technical teams and management
• Industry: Demonstrated knowledge of computer implementation, technical support, and ongoing maintenance experience in the technology industry or within an IT department. Validated and applied knowledge of IT methodologies and standard methodologies. Prior experience in multimedia or game industry a plus.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site