Washington, DC US
This is our story
We are looking for a Producer I to join the Inside Politics Sunday team in Washington, DC.
• Must have a strong segment producing vision –work includes pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed. Involving identifying guests, video elements and graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
• Coordinating execution of segments and show live from control room---as well as shepherding video and graphic elements.
• Developing graphics for segments or Magic Wall based on theme. Which requires a knowledge of effective infographics and familiarity with polling data.
• Collaborating with newsgathering, the Row and Media Operations to obtain the best elements. Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
• Managing all rundown elements. Ability to cut video (VOs & SOTs) on a tight deadline and appreciation of what makes an effective element for an introduction vs an interview or discussion.
• Three years broadcast producing experience preferred; four years a plus.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Excellent research and writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
• Must be able to cut video –proficiency with Adobe Premiere.
• Must love news, politics and polling and be good at explaining it to a wide audience.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands