The Content Strategy Planning & Analysis team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Content FP&A team in Amsterdam. The role will be an integrated business partner to the global content acquisition and production teams and be responsible for financial planning and analytics for the company's rapidly expanding programming initiatives. The analyst position will reside within the company's Amsterdam office and be responsible for analysis used in Netflix's content financial planning and strategic decision-making for Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA).
• Support near-term and long-term P&L and cash flow forecasts for Netflix's content investments in EMEA
• Develop insightful presentations that summarize this data and facilitate decision-making for senior Netflix management and stakeholders
• Perform financial scenario analysis to support senior management's strategic decision making
• Forecast programming flow and analytics to plan for long-term content health across regions
• Manage key title metadata in FP&A forecasting system to ensure forecast accuracy
• Work cross-functionally with various teams in Amsterdam, London, Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Rome and Los Angeles to support content initiatives in EMEA
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
• Prior experience in financial planning & analysis / commercial finance is preferred, potentially combined with a management consulting or Big 4 accounting background.
• Entertainment industry experience is not essential, although a passion for entertainment is a must.
• Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business leaders. Candidate will be expected to think and act strategically in order to add value, impact, and offer insights towards our programming initiatives in the region. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously.
• 5 to 10 years of relevant experience. Experience in media/entertainment FP&A highly preferred
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on the analysis
• Superior proficiency in Excel & complex financial modelling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Prior experience working with or reporting analysis to high-level stakeholders
• Sound working knowledge of related accounting policies preferred
• Experience or knowledge of the European media/entertainment landscape a plus
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance (Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics)
• Proficiency in English and a second European language a plus; clear and concise communication abilities required; experience in communicating internationally a plus
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site