Software QA Engineer
San Francisco, CA US
SIE seeks a highly-qualified candidate for the position of Staff Program Manager. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate is expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward software projects.
• Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
• Owning the project timeline, task assignments, and leading schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
• Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
• Portfolio management experience at enterprise level
• Applying knowledge for improvement of existing PMO process
• Candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
• 10+ years' experience working in a program/project management capacity in a software development environment.
• Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum, in addition to Waterfall.
• Expert level experience with JIRA - ability to create custom dashboards, and understanding of how to manage as a source of truth
• Experience with Release Planning; specifically working with business partners to prioritize projects while also working with resource managers to understand capacity for set releases as desired.
• Experience in digital retail software and/or gaming industry is desired.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are required.
• Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and make good, timely decisions.
• Motivated, organized self-starter who can solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
• Must possess the ability to prioritize assignments to meet required deadlines agendas, action plans, and project plans.
• Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
• Must drive strategic decision making with senior cross- functional team
• Handle all phases of program from kick-off to market delivery
• Specialist in understanding of all related pieces of program & how they fit together
• Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management.
• Bring clarity, calm and process to ambiguous, stressful and/or sophisticated situations
• Readily identifies platform and program risks and puts in place mitigating factors and communication plans.
• Must exercise judgment regarding if, when and how to escalate issues or drive a result including the executive level, often time resolves issues without partner concern.
• Ability to streamline program updates to partners with appropriate level of detail and drive alignment at Executive level
• Must demonstrate effective leadership
• Experienced in mentoring junior team member and contributing to the continued improvement of the program management organization
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site