San Francisco, CA US
The Storyboard Artist works closely with the writers and directors to convey a story through visual storytelling techniques in a 3D computer graphics environment. They work directly from the script to setup the stage and cameras in a 3D environment. It is their job to explore the possibilities of each scene, capture them as shots with a 3D camera move, and edit their work together as movies for submission to the show's story reel.
• The 3D Story Artist is responsible for composition, screen direction, camera angles, staging, posing, pace, and timing (all the while ensuring that it maintains and fulfills the storypoint).
• Work is done when final 3D camera setups are delivered to downstream production departments.
• 5+ years in feature film or television production, or equivalent experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Animation, or Fine Arts Recommended.
• Reel containing examples of work in live-action or animated film that exhibits a strong emphasis on visual storytelling, including staging, composition, and editing.
• Competency in 2D storyboarding, or comparable form.
• Must be comfortable working extensively with computers. Experience with using 3D animation software a strong plus.
• Acting out the scene while working on it for the enjoyment of your coworkers also a plus.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site