Los Angeles, CA
As Senior Manager, International and Acquired Content, you will be part of the team responsible for acquired programming for Discovery’s direct-to-consumer product, reporting to the Head of International and Acquired Content for DTC. The right person for this role is nimble and adaptable, proactive, and has as good an eye for content selection as a skill at plate-spinning and project management.
1. Responsible for evaluating, and selecting content from third parties: acquired series (1st run / catalog), acquired docs (in partnership with Docs team where applicable), and co-productions (in partnership with Original Series team where applicable).
a. For any content that needs to be edited / modified, or requires creative involvement, this team will supervise directly or partner with the Original series / Docs team as needed
b. Owning and fostering relationships with third party distributors from whom we do or may license content.
c. Tracking content availabilities, evaluating submissions using subjective and objective (analytical / data-driven) criteria.
2. Work with Discovery Networks International’s content teams to identify formats, co-productions, and existing content for DTC and vice versa
3. Partner with critical internal teams including finance, business affairs & legal, tech & product, marketing / PR, etc throughout all stages of the process to ensure smooth execution, and to maximize the content’s value to DTC. Working with FP&A on valuation
4. Work with merchandising for on-channel marketing, data science / product / tech on content discovery optimizations
5. Pull, analyze and interpret user behavioral data to make data-informed content decisions
6. Supporting the DTC content team as a whole, including original programming as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in content acquisition and / or content sales and distribution
• Quantitative analysis and strategic thinking
• Understanding of and passion for content from an analytical and strategic point of view, as well as subjective point of view
• Demonstrated good judgement, strong critical thinking skills, and developed taste for a broad variety of unscripted content
• Proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms
• Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
• Collaborative, curious, resourceful
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site