Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
WJAR-TV, Southern New England's News Leader, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist / Reporter, who is an excellent story teller! If you have a great personality and strong storytelling skills, then this is a great opportunity for you! We want someone who has the energy and creativity to do compelling live shots for all platforms. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to shoot and edit video proficiently and meet deadlines. In this role, you will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television. We're looking for someone with sharp news judgment, the ability to ask tough questions, and excellent technical skills. We want a strong team player that will track down stories that are relevant to our viewers and users!
• Experience with reporting, live shots, shooting and editing under deadlines
• Able to efficiently contribute news content to all platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Must have the ability to enterprise stories, cultivate contacts, and work independently.
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
• 1 to 2 years of television experience
• Experience with Live-U is a plus
• A degree in journalism is preferred
While applying online, please include a web link to your most recent work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site