Virtual Production 3D Generalist
Vancouver, BC US
• Works with production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters
• Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
• Receives direction from leadership and escalates issues quickly, as needed
• Build/design advanced characters, creatures, vehicles and props in Maya using in-house tools and pipeline.
• Mentor other members of the rigging team.
• Contribute/develop tools, rig-modules, workflow and plugins for the Rigging department.
• Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in art and/or engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum five (5) years of rigging experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects
• Expert knowledge/experience of human/creature anatomies.
• Expert knowledge of creature deformation and puppet rigging techniques
• Strong Python experience
• Expert knowledge of Maya
• Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
• Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
• Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
We offer extended medical, disability & dental insurance.
Please apply only once to the same job posting with the same email, we keep your resume/ reel on file both current & future job opportunities. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site