Executive Producer – Maxis
At Maxis we're pushing the boundaries on every front and excel at thinking differently. Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what make Maxis tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We're innovators and storytellers who desire to engage our players and create the most entertaining titles in the world. Together we can change the way millions play every day.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Producer who will embrace our thinking and share your hard earned expertise to help us create incredible experiences for our players. We're picturing someone who has a track record for developing and running live services for AAA games and can oversee production from a studio development perspective. You will also play an important part in the future of expanding IP from all across Maxis and help guide strategic planning for our game portfolio. You will manage your production team, anchor communication across the development team, manage relationships and risks, help the project hit development goals and develop multi-year strategy and business goals. You will report to a Studio General Manager.
• Perform as head of Production for the project, delegating work and ensuring that development processes run smoothly.
• Inspire the team and partners around the project vision and strategic direction.
• Communicate and advocate the state of the strategic plans to other parts of the EA.
• Evaluate priorities, staffing and resources; thoughtfully adjust business strategies to react to changing requirements.
• Work with executives, directors, partners and development team leads to create an organizational structure and processes that allow the team to produce high-quality work on time and on budget.
• Articulate goals and team values to foster a stimulating and fun work environment.
• Partner with the brand teams to ensure continuity and collaboration across the project, long-term strategies and campaign activations.
• Champion the professional development of your people and ensure that EA continues to employ the very best individuals.
• Foster a culture that values reacting to the game as we make it, applying our knowledge and data to inform decisions, leading with the best intentions, and celebrating diversity.
• Raise awareness of issues and help remove roadblocks.
• Identify and help alleviate any discrepancies across production efforts.
• Be a vocal ambassador for the product and team in all scenarios.
• 3+ years with proven experience as an Executive Level producer or Studio GM
• Experience accomplishing project plans along with leading teams to success. Experience doing this with large teams is a plus.
• Great instincts to assess what works for a product or feature in development; or how said element may be received by players.
• Experience supervising and developing a team of mid to senior level direct reports.
• Experience with the function and relationship between the different departments of project development.
• Deep knowledge of project development and project development processes.
• Experience predicting/catching issues before they come up.
• Build partnerships at every level. The kind of person that people want to work for and work with.
• Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others' time.
• Fluency with current trends driving player expectations and behavior.
• Oversee the quality targets and results achieved.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Gen Z players and interests.
• Passion for creative, simulation or open-ended games and a desire to make a game with an impact at the industry level.
• Experience setting and building on long-term strategy
• Welcome feedback and criticism, and enjoy working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Experience working with research departments to establish tests and interpret data to refine design.
• Experience working with licensing partners is a plus.
• Experience developing games that support User Generated Content is a plus.