Sales Planner, Linear
Walt Disney Company Media Networks
Disney Advertising Sales is responsible for advertising sales for the Company's entertainment, sports, news and kids linear and digital and radio business. Global Ad Operations leads the operational function for the Disney Ad Sales team. The Global Ad Operations team focuses on the functions of planning, account management, trafficking, scheduling and sponsorship for the linear & digital business for ESPN, ABC, FreeForm, FX, NatGeo & Disney. We are committed to providing a high level of client service to our internal and external clients. We are looking for people who are excited to contribute to a high performing team.
The Digital Sales Planner position will create digital media proposals for their assigned holding company. You will work across multiple networks and systems to provide unified plans and support to the sales team. You will also be play a critical role enabling new sales products to integrate into day-to-day process. The Digital Sales Planner is responsible for expert knowledge of product offerings, internal media planning process, analyzing deal delivery, assigning makegoods and general business rule parameters. Planners must be able to become experts on the pre-sale sales process to communicate effectively with various teams across Disney's sales organization, as well as build and maintain external relationships resulting in superior customer service of each assigned account.
• Build proposals across multiple medias and/or networks and their different systems to provide unified plans to the sales team
• Works across multiple networks within the Disney Ad Sales brand
• Provide account and Planning subject matter expertise on advertisers' specific preferences and guide other operational staff to achieve industry leading client service
• Communicate key deal information, deal delivery with internal stakeholders, and provide support to lead on deal challenges and resolution
• Act as subject matter expert on the Sales Planning role to provide insight into system enhancements, and future training needs
• Develop, create and maintain sales proposals driving revenue through strategic packaging of assigned Disney network(s)
• Partner and support Sales Managers, Account Executives, Revenue Yield Management and Planning Management on the planning and deal life cycle
• Analyzes campaign delivery and assigns make-good inventory
• Adjusts proposal accordingly to react to under pacing
• Identify areas for improvement in operational efficiencies and provide recommended solutions
• Adhere to all department's Service Level Agreements
• Ensure accuracy of all internal reporting for your assigned accounts, updating ordered/held/working status, liability, flight and programming changes
• Ensure deal elements and advertiser preferences are accurately reflected in proposal criteria
• Leverage deal expertise to proactively recommend optimized inventory solutions and
• Translate the marketing elements into the campaign proposal
• Communicate effectively with agency contacts in order to properly deliver proposals, revisions and fulfill any and all day to day requests
• At least 1 year prior agency, network or media experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• An enthusiastic demeanor and eager-to-learn attitude
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high demand, team-centric environment
• The drive to take initiative and handle additional responsibilities
• Bachelor's Degree
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.