Render Wrangler / Production Operations Assistant
Toronto, ON CA
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore and Los Angeles, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
Our Editorial team serves as the key link between our clients, our in-house production teams, and the artists around the globe working on our film projects.
Under the VFX Editor, you will ingest/process incoming client material, manage internal edits of the film's sequences and the operate various review sessions.
This is a role that will have you developing your skills and learning new experiences.
• Strong communication skills.
• Proven organizational experience.
• Editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, and Davinci Resolve.
• A passion and willingness to learn.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Experience with Linux.
• Experience with a variety of film and HD formats.
• Knowledge of color science.
• Scripting knowledge such as command line usage or python.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical school certification in film editing or computer graphics, or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience in an editorial environment, preferably in visual effects.
• Strong technical background.
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site